Granite is a natural stone that comes in many
different characters and pattern variations. Whether it is installed on
countertops, walls or flooring, granite tiles adds a touch of sophistication
and luxury to any space. For the perfect blend of function and beauty, granite
flooring in Singapore continues to be a popular option for homeowners though marble flooring is also one of the popular choices. As the
floor is one of the larger elements in a home, it plays a big part in bringing
out the best of your interior design. Wondering if granite will be the
ideal flooring material for your home? And thinking where to find a reliable stone supplier? Read on for the pros of granite
flooring when incorporated into your living space.
● Highly durable - One of the best features of granite tiles is its incredible durability, making it perfect for places that often get scratched. Additionally, granite flooring is a great choice for houses with balconies and swimming pool decks as it will not fade or decolourise much under exposure to direct sunlight.
● Excellent water resistance - Particularly for the bathroom and kitchen, having a floor that is susceptible to water damage is the last thing anyone expects. This is another reason why homeowners choose granite for installation in these areas. More importantly, long-term exposure to moisture can encourage mould growth if one is not careful. Not only will this affect the appearance of your flooring, but this can be harmful to the health of your family. However with granite, this flooring material can resist water and scratches once it is properly sealed.
● Has hypoallergenic qualities - Allergies can greatly impact one’s quality of life, even in the comfort of one’s home. If you have loved ones who suffer from asthma or any other allergies, you can rest assured that granite flooring will not add to your worries. These symptoms will be minimised with the hypoallergenic qualities of granite flooring, making it all the more desirable to purchase.
● Great for resale value - Planning to sell your apartment in the near future? Trends fade in popularity over time, so you will probably want something that will always be in style. With their beautiful patterns and textures, granite floorings will camouflage any potential wear and tear in the long run. With proper care, you can expect that it will maintain its great condition and add value to your property.
● Available in many styles - If you are starting from scratch with a new home, that’s great as you can be creative with your selection. For those who are looking for a flooring option to match their existing granite decor, you will be spoilt for choice as this material is available in a wide selection of colours, designs and styles. In fact, granite can come in different surface finishes: Polished, flamed, brushed and matte. For instance, the most common one is the polished granite finish, which has a shiny, almost mirror-like surface. In general, these types of finishes will determine the final look of the granite slab, so have fun choosing the one for your home!
However, one downside of granite flooring is that being one of the heaviest flooring materials, it will require professional installation. Thus, it is better to leave it to the professionals to ensure a smooth installation process.
Why Choose Granite Flooring and Tiles in Singapore?
With that being said, granite will ultimately be a stylish yet durable choice for your home. Looking for a reliable granite supplier in Singapore? Confused with the process of choosing the right granite tiles and flooring for your abode? Here at Soon Bee Huat, we have the largest tiles variety in Singapore with a technology offering a unique design experience for everyone. As we pride ourselves as the tile and stone specialist, you can trust us to complete the home of your dreams.